What is DCStella?
- It's a port of the wonderful multi-platform Stella Atari 2600 VCS Emulator to the also wonderful Sega Dreamcast console. Right now the sixth release (Version 0.2d) is available, as well as the source code.
- DCStella is released under the same terms as the original Stella
- "Free for non-commercial use." and that definitively includes all the people selling CDRs with emulators and roms on eBay.
- If you bought it, you've been cheated!
What's working right now?
- CPU Emulation (though not always at 60Hz)
- Graphics (so you can see something)
- Sound (though not 100%, there are still timing problems)
- Every controller except paddles
What's not working right now?
- Paddles! There is some code, that _should_ work, but doesn't.
- Some (most) PAL games seem to have some issues (lower part of the screen is missing)
What will come later on?
- I'm forced to decrease my effort on DCStella till summer 2002, since I'm writing my diploma thesis right now. If anyone sends patches to me, they will be included and a new release will be made.
On which topics is help needed?
- Anyone who knows how to set up a PAL (50Hz) 320x240 graphics mode with libdream? (patching of libdream will be necessary, I suppose.)